Certified Recovery Specialists
Who is a Certified Recovery Specialist?
A Certified Recovery Specialist (CRS) is an individual in long-term recovery from drugs and alcohol with at least 18 months of abstinence. This recovery person has been trained to help others move into and through their recovery process. As CRS accepts and agrees that his/her personal experience as an individual in recovery from substance use can be a valuable tool to assist others in their recovery process.
Recovery is a highly-individualized journey. This journey is a voluntary sustained way of life that includes the pursuit of spiritual, emotional, mental and physical well-being often supported by others, like a Certified Recovery Specialist.
Additional information available at: http://pro-a.org/about/certified-recovery/
Services include, but are not limited to:
- Assistance in obtaining recovery capitol (education, housing, transportation, recovery supports, etc.)
- Recovery education and guidance on the recovery process
- Help in developing a Personal Recovery Plan
- Assistance in building life skills (budgeting, job searching, interviewing skills, etc.)
- Telephone Recovery Support (Recovery Checkups: to receive phone calls from a CRS)
- Introduce and Engage individuals in the Recovery Community
- Provide support before, during, and after treatment
For more information, contact Blair Drug and Alcohol Partnerships at (814) 381-0921.