The CRS Training Series consists of 11 total trainings. The trainings are scheduled once a week for 10 weeks. The trainings are held at Blair County Drug and Alcohol Program Inc., from 9:00am – 4:00pm. They are typically scheduled once in the Spring and once in the Fall. If you are interested in enrolling, please provide an email address that will be the means of communication.
You must attend all trainings in order to apply with the PA Certification Board to become a Certified Recovery Specialist. If you are unable to attend a certain training, it is your responsibility to find out when and where the next one is scheduled to get registered and make it up.
After attending all trainings, you will print out your certificates off of the DDAP TMS Site. Save the certificates because you will need them to send in with your application and application fee.
- The Addiction Process (6hr)
- Recovery 101 (6hr)
- Peer Based Recovery Support (6hr),
- Do You Hear What I Hear: Lessons in Effective Communication (6hr)
- Ethics and Boundaries for Peer Providers (6hr)
- Healing the Stigma of Addiction (6hr)
- Addiction and the Family (3hr)
- Crisis Intervention Strategies for Peer Providers (3hr)
- A Common Vision of Recovery (6hr)
- Confidentiality (6hr)
- Leadership Training: Communications for Change (3hr)
- Leadership for Peers (3hr)