The Minors Diversionary Program is a 6-hour education course. The curriculum is designed to educate youth about the risks and consequences of alcohol and other drug use, assist in exploring alternatives, and developing good decision-making skills.
- Pennsylvania Laws and Consequences
- Understanding Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
- Exploring Healthy Alternatives
In addition to the class, each youth is required to complete an in-depth drug and alcohol evaluation at no additional cost. If additional drug and alcohol treatment is recommended, cost is determined by ability to pay.
- Attend Alcohol Awareness class and pay fee
- Complete a drug and alcohol assessment
- 90-day license suspension
- Pay Magisterial District Juge Court Costs & $15.00 fee to the County of Blair
- Provide course completion to the Magisterial District Judge if attending a class outside Blair County
- Complete all program requirements within 90 days or the time period stated by the Magisterial District Judge
Upon successful completion of program requirements the following benefits may be provided:
- Citation fine is waived, however court costs must be paid
- Dismissal of charge
- Upon reaching the age of 21, you may request expungement from Penn Dot
(Title 18 §9122) It is suggested that you retain an attorney to assure this
process is completed correctly.
- After expungement, the offense will not appear on background check.
PROVIDERS OF SERVICE:
(Program fees should be paid directly to the provider of service)
- Pyramid Healthcare
Class Location: Tyrone Hospital
814-940-0402, Ext. 1205
- Blair County Drug & Alcohol
Class Location: Blair County Drug & Alcohol Programs, Inc
3001 Fairway Drive, Suite D
Altoona, PA 16602
- Penn State Altoona
(Penn State Students only)
Class Location: Sheetz Family Health Center
Out of County Referral:
Those residing outside Blair County may request a transfer and an appropriate site will be located. If one cannot be found, you are responsible to attend a program within Blair County. Cost and length of classes vary by county and location.